Shades: Quay X Desi Perkins // Earrings: Charming Charlie
1. Do unto YOURSELF as you would do unto others. Not sure why we as humans will have sympathy, compassion and understanding for a stranger but not for ourselves. You are worthy of the grace you would extend someone else. You would never (at least I hope you wouldn't) go up to another woman and tell her to her face that she is ugly, fat and stupid. You wouldn't dare. So why do you do it to yourself daily?? That woman looking back at you in the mirror is worthy of the same respect you would give another. Pray for her don't put her down.
2. Remember your wins. We are often so focused on our flaws that we forget to congratulate ourselves on our wins. Never forget your accomplishments because your so busy pouting about your failures. We are often so focused on where we're going that we forget the treacherous path we conquered to even get that far. Next time you forget take a moment of reflection and remember your journey up to this point.
3. Speak words of affirmation. Ok now hear me out...this really works! I used to see people doing this and was always skeptical thinking to myself does that really work? Can repeating the same thing over and over to yourself actually make your body do something or make your mind think something? The answer is YES! Tell yourself every single day that you are awesome, you are loved, you WILL be successful for just a few moments at the start of your day and see what happens. After all, if you can tell yourself the bad words over and over, "gosh I shouldn't have done that", "I'm never gonna pass", "I'll never lose this weight", what will it hurt to try it the other way around?
4. Do something nice for yourself. It can be something small. My suggestion is always to take a nice bath with a good book or buy a new lipstick and wear it boldly. I have to be careful with this because I like to buy stuff (haha don't we all) and will give myself ANY excuse to do so. So my action of doing something for myself usually doesn't involve me spending money. A nice bath or talking a walk at a park I keep passing or cuddles with my puppy all counts as DOING something nice for Naja.
5. Forgive yourself. Ok now this is a big one. You will fail at times...often. You will most certainly fall short once or twice but you must always remember that you are HUMAN and you were built with flaws. I am particularly hard on myself because I truly know me, I know what I'm capable of. I am incredibly smart, strong, resilient, creative and resourceful; you have to be to have overcome some of the trials and tribulations that I have. So when I F up or fall short I'm hard on me because I know I could have done better. But the thing is we have to fail to learn the lesson and you have to learn the lesson in order to grow. GOD forgives so you should too, start with yourself.
What are some ways you dolls are nice to yourselves? I want to know in the comments below!
SHOP THIS LOOK