Once I stopped feeling sorry for MYSELF and only thinking I, I, I and me, me, me, I went into survivor mode *cue Destiny's Child here* lol. I had a chance to recall just how blessed I truly was and to see that I wasn't in this alone. There was 5 other families that were affected by this tragedy. Not to mention, for starters I was alive. Thank you Jesus. This fire happened on a Sunday morning around 11am a time when I would have most likely been sleep and recovering from a crazy Saturday night with friends. Instead I was on a plane recovering from a crazy weekend in Atlanta partying with some friends. Second, I did have renters insurance. The young couple above me with a new baby did NOT. Last but not least, I was NOT alone but had some really great friends, co-workers and community that loved me and really pulled together and was there for me like no other. Nothing like that southern hospitality! In less than a month, I had a new (better) home, new furniture, closer relationships with my true friends and a stronger faith in GOD then ever. I cannot even express how thankful and blessed I am each day dolls.
Here are my top 5 lessons learned from this life experience.
1. God will NEVER EVER leave me or put more on me then he knows I can handle.
2. Family and Friends are EVERYTHING and yes you do NEED them Naja!
3. If anyone ever tells you that you DON'T need renters insurance.....SLAP THEM....HARD.
4. Know your neighbors....at least their names for goodness sake. Saying HELLO never killed anyone!
5. Stuff is just Stuff.... no matter what the Label says.
Each one of these folks play a very special role in my life and I LOVE them all!!