Hey dolls, Happy Friday! I don't know about you but I sure am glad to see the weekend. This weekend I'll be going to visit the fam so I'm excited. With all the bad weather this winter I haven't been home to Jersey since Thanksgiving.Today I'm coming to you with a Fitness update to my Operation: Fit N' Fine challenge. This week I started an 8 week fitness journey to challenge myself to be more active, eat healthier and lose weight. My goal is to lose 30 lbs total but for now I just want to get down a healthy routine and make better choices a part of my everyday lifestyle.
So my goal for 8 weeks is to.....
· Avoid SUGARS
· NO Sodas
· NO Fast Food
· No Alcohol....ok let's be realistic.....in moderation LOL
· Eat 5-6 small clean meals a day
· Cardio at least 3 days a week, preferably 5
So my reality for this first week went a little something like this....
· I had sugar....Cold Stone IceCream (it was a VERY bad day) Dunkin Donuts caramel iced coffee (I had a coupon and it was FREE, what was a girl to do?)
· I had 1 soda....that grape Fanta was calling my name!
· I had fast food....Burger King (in my defense I had a coupon), Dunkin Donuts (I was running late one morning and failed to meal prep breakfast...FAIL on my part)
· I had NO Alcohol...YAY! One point for me!
· I ate pretty good MOST days but I have discovered my weakness is after 5 when I get off work I crave bad stuff...If I'm honest, I had a small buffalo chicken pizza....I ate it all....then washed it down with a grape Fanta....then had awful heartburn 3am the next morning....lesson learned.
· I worked out 3 times this week with 3 days of cardio added in there. Mornings are tough for me but so are afternoons after a long day at work but if I go straight from work I have more energy. I CAN NOT get home relax even for a minute then expect to get up to work out. I'm already in decompression mode. If you count Saturday and Sunday before the challenge started that would actually be 5 days of physical activity.
Whew, now that I got that off my chest (I've been feeling guilty all week) I can tell you that overall I'm pretty proud of myself. Despite my shortcomings, I did learn a LOT about my eating habits, preferred workout schedule, what motivates and unmotivates me and most of all the importance of proper meal planning. I also learned that I am an emotional eater and can NOT resist a coupon! Ugggh. On Tuesday after my hard drive died and the Geek Squad told me it couldn't be fixed I automatically went into "I feel sad so I want to EAT mode". I literally went out and had ice cream, pizza, soda and a cookie....yes a cookie! WTF, Naja!! I'll try to count that as a cheat meal for the next 2 weeks cause damn that was a set back. However, despite it all I'm down 1.6 lbs and I do feel less bloated in the tummy area aaaaaand technically the week isn't over until Sunday. I think I needed to get that out of my system. I am in a much better place today than I was on Monday. It's just the first week so I'm not going to beat myself up too much, just know that I haven't given up and I'm still committed to this journey. It's not about being perfect, if I was able to make a better choice once or twice more than I would have last week then that is progress.
I just wanted to thank you dolls for your encouraging words and tips so far, they have meant EVERYTHING to me. Remember if you are on your own journey and following along be sure to tag your post with #FitNFine or #OperationFitNFine I would love to feature you dolls along the way. Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@NajaDiamond) and Pinterest for my fit journey updates! Thank you for everything loves and have a happy and healthy weekend!
P.S. Ms. Khloe Kardashian was my fitness inspiration this week after she posted this pic on her Instagram....Khlo Money got snatched and is looking tre-Cayuuute!!