These photos are NOT recent but the most simple of simple looks have been my uniform for the past 9 months! Uggh
I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!
Then I moved to my house and felt an overwhelming urge to get rid of more of the old and bring in the new, brand new! New house, new furniture, new me, new wardrobe. LOL, hmmm yeah ok! I thought that was what I wanted until my booski Courtney came to visit. Man. He basically veto’d every single thing in my closet and left me with NOTHING. 5 FULL trash bags later, I seriously have NO clothes ya'll. Then I had the bright idea to NOT shop until I lost all the weight I had gained the last 6 months.
Well how’s that working out for ya Naja?
Hmmm let’s see, I basically live in work clothes and workout clothes, exclusively. Yes, that is all I have that fits me. I have nothing in my closet that tells an amazing story, nothing that makes me happy, nothing that inspires me or makes me feel beautiful. Sigh. So I say again…..I have nothing to wear! But we’re going to change that and soon.
I’m taking a different approach to shopping these days. A more intentional and well planned process for cultivating a LIFE wardrobe I’m in love with.
Here are my 5 tips to do just that.
- Think about it. NO more impulse buys or duplicates. Know what you have and spend time to think about each purchase. Sleep on it if you have to.
- Quality over Quantity. You don’t need 10 basic and cheap quality white button ups. You need one amazing one that will last you for years to come.
- Start with the basics. You need to have a strong foundation people, period. Invest in good undergarments, jeans, blazers, simple jewelry...etc.
- Buy what you love. Like really LOVE. If you see it and it doesn’t bring you joy. Leave it.
- Do you. Ignore the trends and allow yourself to shop what you genuinely like and looks good on YOU. You don’t owe off the shoulder tops NOTHING if you’re built like a linebacker. Leave that iiiish where it’s at.
- BONUS TIP: Set a budget. Like carve it out and plan for it. Don’t go broke for this but be realistic with yourself. Once you invest you won’t have to do nothing but seasonal maintenance to your wardrobe from then on. It’s worth it.
So that’s it. My tips for building my dream wardrobe I will be following myself . What do you dolls do when you have nothing to wear. Do you regroup and start over or assess in a different way? Let me know below!